Wednesday, January 17, 2007

i've been snowed in!


Leavenworth in the winter. Photo by Sue Frause.


We have had such a wild winter, that Sue has not been traveling much.

So I guess my name this winter should be Non-Traveling Teddy!

But it finally looks like the wind, rain, snow, ice and power outages are going to be a thing of the past.

In fact, the past week or so I've been out at Sue's mom's house at Useless Bay, hanging out with all of her other stuffed animals.

It's been fun and I was glad I could keep "Grandma Bjorn" company.

But good news --- Sue and I are back on the road.

We're off to the Bavarian village of Leavenworth, Washington tomorrow. It's located in the Cascade Mountains and we will take a two-hour bus trip from Everett to Leavenworth.

Sue's husband is going to drive over Friday afternoon, so it would be silly for Sue to take her car, also.

We will spend the first night at a very nice little inn called Solstice Spa & Suites. You know how Sue loves her spa treatments, especially after this cold winter.

Then we'll join Bob at one of their favorite places in the Pacific Northwest, Run of the River. They have a brand new "lodge within a lodge" where we'll stay Friday night.

The next day we'll go for a sleigh-ride (whoopee!), snow shoeing with friends Bob and Bernita, and spend the night in Wenatchee.

There's a cool old restaurant there called the Windmill -- I hope they take me along!

I'll try and send you notes from the road.

In the meantime, stay warm and hug a friend.

XO TEDDY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar