Thursday, November 30, 2006

hibernation, anyone?



It's been too long since I've been a blogging bear, but I've been home with Sue while she gets caught up on all her work.

In addition to her travel articles in newspapers and magazines, she writes a blog, too. And you can read all about our big snowstorm in her
Whidbey Island Life blog in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Speaking of snowstorms, that's me pictured above in the snow. Sue hasn't gotten around to ordering me any winter wear, so she rigged up this old (clean) sock and put it on me so I could go outside.

Pretty cute, huh?

And below is a picture of me on Sue's back porch in Langley, next to Bob's snow shovel. I told him I'd help shovel the walks, but guess what? Most of it is melting!

Yes, we had a real doozy of a snow and ice storm here in the Pacific Northwest this week. Bob measured 9" in the Frause's back yard and we were without power for 52.5 hours! Luckily, I'm a bear, and this time of year I sleep quite a bit, so I'm in the dark most of the time anyway.

The kids in the neighborhood were really happy, as they have been out of school all week. Yippee!

Last night Bob and Sue and neighbors Rich and Gabe went snow shoeing and cross-country skiing in the Frause Field of Dreams. The moon was tucked behind big clouds, so they wore headlamps to navigate in the snow.

But before I venture out again with Sue on one of her trips, I do need to get some winter wear. My khaki outfit was fine for springtime in Africa, but with Christmas coming, I definitely need some new clothes.

Gee, maybe Santa will bring me some fun things to wear!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar